Thursday, September 8, 2011

Packing it In

I know I'm not the only seriously annoyed that airlines are charging us for a checked bag. It's not easy to get by with a carry-on if you're going to be away for more than a weekend, particularly if you have a special event to plan for (we all know a wedding requires an entire outfit you will only wear once that week: bridesmaid dress, uncomfortable bra, Spanx, and stupid shoes). For every trip, I have just decided to plan on my ticket costing an extra $50, since I'll have to pay for baggage both ways. Now it doesn't even matter how long I will be away; I will always need to check a bag. Why, you ask?

Because I'm taking my baby.

You think women are high maintenance? We've got nothing on babies. One outfit change for us, two for the baby. Minimum. Diapers, wipes, food, toyspacifiersshoesmedicineblankiesippycupsbottlesbibs. The list goes on. Literally. My list, between me and the baby, is two pages long. Despite the fact that my little one is about 1/5 my size, she has now taken over 60% of my suitcase. The only thing that's mine in my carry-on is my laptop. I'm trying to decide if I REALLY need a change of socks for each day? I mean, my feet will be in shoes, right? Right???

Maybe next time I should just FedEx my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment